The rumors were off by a month. The BlackBerry Storm 2 was officially announced by Verizon. At $179 with a 2yr contract (after a $100 mail in rebate), it is not a bad price. The new 'click' technology sounds interesting, because the clicking feature on the first Storm was what turned me off to it. You can get your hands on the device in two days (28th of October).
* Smooth design and premium finish with sloped edges, chrome accents, glass lens and stainless steel backplate
* Large (3.25"), dazzling high-resolution 480 x 360 display at 184 ppi
* Capacitive touchscreen with integrated functions (Send, End, Menu,
* Escape) and new SurePress technology that makes clicking the display practically effortless
* 3G and global connectivity support for making phone calls in more than 220 countries and accessing data in more than 185 countries (with more than 80 destinations in 3G)
* Network Connectivity: EV-DO Revision A; UMTS/HSPA (2100 MHz); and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks
* Supports Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
* 256 MB of Flash memory
* 2 GB of onboard media storage and a microSD(TM)/SDHD memory card slot with a 16 GB card included"