Cell phone use may cause a skin rash on your ear or cheek according to the British Association of Dermatologists. It is has nothing to do with the cell phone mechanisms, more it is an allergic reaction to the nickel present on the surface of my cell phones.
Fortunately, it seems there is an easy fix. Do not touch the nickel surface to your skin. This can be accomplished by buying a phone specifically that does not have a nickel finish in the ear piece or using a nickel free blue tooth device.
"Doctors baffled by an unexplained rash on people's ears or cheeks should be on alert for a skin allergy caused by too much mobile phone use, the British Association of Dermatologists said on Thursday.
Citing published studies, the group said a red or itchy rash, known as "mobile phone dermatitis," affects people who develop an allergic reaction to the nickel surface on mobile phones after spending long periods of time on the devices."